- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 2560 Huntington Avenue Suite 301 Alexandria, VA 22303
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
The Association of American Educators Foundation is seeking applicants for a Development Manager based out of its Alexandria, Virginia, office.
The Development Manager advances AAE Foundation’s mission, growth, and donor support through managing and executing internal logistics of donor and prospect outreach and communication. The position requires a motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and committed to AAE Foundation’s mission. This position reports to the executive vice president and works closely with program staff, fundraising consultants, and leadership to execute an effective development strategy.
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Develop and implement systems to support fundraising strategies to advance AAE Foundation’s mission and promote AAE Foundation advocacy efforts.
- Manage development calendar activity and systems to track and pace current, future, pending solicitations and relationship-building activity.
- Facilitate outreach and follow-up of donors and prospects by leadership, including supporting scheduling of meetings, phone calls, and travel, as needed.
- Manage donor correspondence including requests for information, general communication, and thank you notes.
- Collaborate with Director of Advocacy and AAE’s Director of Communications to develop AAE Foundation reports and publications to allies and donors.
- Support growth of AAE Foundation’s National Scholarship and Grant Program in conjunction with AAE’s Professional Programs Manager.
- Assist in meetings and other updates to foundations, donors, and prospective donors.
- Draft and prepare grant proposals, reports, and related materials.
- Research and identify foundations and individuals with goals consistent with AAE Foundation’s mission.
- Serve as primary liaison to fundraising consultants, researchers, and grant writers, as needed.
- Review and proof fundraising collateral for individuals and foundations.
- Track and report all development activities for internal and external reporting.
- Support tracking, evaluating, and reporting all grant-related efforts initiated by the organization.
- Represent AAE Foundation at meetings, conferences, and events, as needed.
- Actively participate in staff calls and leadership team meetings.
- Foster an organizational culture upholding AAE Foundation’s mission and values.
- Assist in daily functions of Alexandria, Virginia, office.
- Other duties as needed to fulfill mission of the organization.
- Additional fundraising responsibilities based on skills, experience, and interest to ensure development goals are met.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three years of fundraising experience.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Respect for deadlines, attention to detail, and commitment to quality.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with others.
- Philosophical alignment of association’s policy platform and mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship building for the organization, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with spreadsheets in Excel, creating and presenting with PowerPoint.
- Five years of development experience, preferably for organizations related to AAE Foundation.
- Professional experience in K-12 education, education policy, or education advocacy.
- Understanding of education reform, labor reform, and education policy issues.
- Experience in membership association industry.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and performance incentives.
- Employee health and retirement plan.
- Travel and technology compensation.
About Association of American Educators Foundation
The Association of American Educators Foundation supports the mission of the Association of American Educators, a non-profit, non-union professional educator organization that seeks to foster the transformation of the teaching profession by empowering and supporting a community of professionals for the benefit of our students and the nation. AAE is committed to a teaching profession that is student-oriented, well respected, and personally fulfilling. AAE is a forward-thinking, reform-minded organization, primarily serving K-12 public district and public charter school educators. AAE and AAE Foundation empower and amplify educator voices committed to student achievement and teaching excellence. AAE Foundation is a 501(c)(3). For more information, visit aaeteachers.org.
How to apply
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.