- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Government Affairs, Policy
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 1701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Suite 200 Washington, DC 20006
- Application Deadline: June 22, 2019
The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) seeking several full-time or part-time positions to lead research and communications efforts dealing with a host of regulatory and legislative issue affecting consumers and the market economy. The position will be based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, although remote reporting and telecommunicating may be permissible in some cases.
ACI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market. The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
Policy Research and Analysis (50%):
- Conduct policy research, collect and analyze data, and then examine and develop thoughtful policy analyses on a wide variety of key issues;
- Perform ad hoc research related to current events;
- Attend and participate in coalition meetings, events and panels; and
- Disseminate analyses by though social media, outreach, testimony, external presentations and media appearances.
- Produce and disseminate policy papers, ConsumerGrams and op-eds.
Public Affairs and Communications (20%)
- Use online tools and social media to reach the media, supporters, stakeholders and policymaker
- 0 to 5 years of experience in public policy, government relations, economic research or related field
- Understanding principles of economics and business research
- Masters Degree preferred but not required
- Commitment to the free-market principles
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Health and matching retirement plan
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience
- Growth and increased responsibilities based on candidate’s ability to master complex policy issues
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your experience, interest in full time or part time employment, your salary requirements, and availability to start;
- Resumé; and
- Writing sample(s).
Please include “Policy Analyst” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed to Steve Pociask at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring decisions to be made by the end of June 2019, if not earlier.