- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: August 5, 2020
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re a technical engineer with skills in CSS and HTML and a high aptitude to learn new languages, data models and information technology systems, join our team! You’ll research and work to solve technical challenges throughout our business applications.
- Assist with Visual Force / HTML / CSS code development on upcoming project requests for Salesforce and related applications.
- Assist with maintenance and management of Salesforce by reviewing error logs and exception reporting to ensure all systems are functioning normally, troubleshooting or reviewing issues to look for patterns and potential requirements for updates to automation rules, procedures or business processes.
- Assist with the migration of application systems to viable machine learning platforms where relevant.
- Continually build knowledge of new Salesforce and related application’s features, releases, and functionality.
- 2+ years of experience in the field of computer science or related education
- Ability to build custom integrations between systems using secure API’s and understanding of webhooks
- Understanding of system use in learning
- Understanding of AI development and potential uses
- Ability to use PC for project management and time allocation
- Excellent customer service skills
- HTML and CSS development experience
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Basic understanding of SDLC
Help us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center’s mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.
This job can be virtual.