- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 5737 Mesmer Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90230
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
Are you an aspiring documentarian, animator, cinematographer, video editor, or podcast producer? Reason is looking to hire entry-level video journalists who are self-motivated, enthusiastic about learning new skills, and who love the art of good storytelling. Apply to join the production team behind Reason’s videos and podcasts. This position is based out of our office in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of politics and public policy, and an appreciation for the libertarian worldview. Candidates should be comfortable working in a flexible, collaborative environment taking edits and assignments, but also interested in coming up with story ideas of their own.
We’re looking for candidates who are eager learners, or who possess a variety of production skills.
Job Duties may include:
- Assisting with AV production for podcasts and videos
- Assisting with motion graphics videos
- Graphic design
- Audio editing and sound design
- Shooting B-roll
- Writing articles to accompany the videos and podcasts published on Reason.com
- Creating your own documentaries for Reason TV, from pitching through post-production.
- Strong interest in video production and/or graphic design experience
- Solid grasp of journalistic practices
- Sharp organizational and writing skills
- Ability to analyze and formulate newsworthy stories from a libertarian angle
This is a position with Reason Magazine, a monthly magazine produced by the Reason Foundation. Reason magazine is the monthly print magazine of “free minds and free markets.” Founded in 1968, the magazine covers politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, commentary, and reviews. Reason and Reason.com provide a refreshing alternative to right-wing and left-wing outlets by making a principled case for liberty and individual choice in all areas of human activity.
Reason Foundation has offices in both Los Angelas, CA and Washington, DC. This position is located in the Washington, DC office.
How to apply
Send your resume, cover letter, links to relevant online work, and three short pitches for videos that you would like to work on if you were a member of our team. Email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.