- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Development
- Contact: Michael.email@example.com
- Location: 4075 Wilson Blvd. Suite 310 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
The Associate Director of Publications & Donor Communications will be responsible for the editing of our various publications as well as overseeing these projects through the publication process. The associate director will also provide support by assignment from internal customers to create and maximize the impact of their content as well as provide editorial guidance to ensure the rigor, accuracy, and messaging quality and alignment of the various department products. The associate director will have a dotted line relationship with the development team in helping to craft donor communications and grant proposals.
About Atlas Network
Atlas Network is a non-profit that seeks to increase global prosperity and human progress by strengthening a network of independent partner organization that promote individual freedom and are committed to identifying and removing barriers to human flourishing.
- Create, receive, review new articles, books, marketing collateral, and development communications
- Liaise between the various internal departments and external contractors, including graphic designers
- Work with authors to improve content and style where needed
- Ensure all final copy is ready for publication, appropriate for target audiences and consistent with house style guidelines
- Assist with other editing (op-eds, blog posts, web and video content) as necessary
- Maintain the editorial calendar for online, print and video content
- Assist with efforts to understand the news and information needs of our key audience groups through analytics and other forms of interaction and turn those insights into highly relevant communications products
- Assure overall quality and value of all of our communications products for our audiences (donor, partner, and other key audiences)
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, business or related field.
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Deep knowledge of AP or Chicago style
- Strong grasp grammar, spelling punctuation and wordsmithing
- Knowledge of publishing principles and publication design
- Familiarity with web content management and Adobe suite of creative tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple complex projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (experience in speechwriting or ghostwriting is a plus)
- Knowledge of social media platforms and online metrics
- Experience working with freelancers
- Ability to coach diverse set of writers
This position will work from our Arlington, VA office.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Michael Mastrianna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will only be contacting candidates that we choose to interview.