- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Development
- Location: 3901 Centerville Road Wilmington, DE 19807
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2020
The Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is seeking a full-time Associate Grant Writer to support ISI’s major gifts program.
The successful candidate will be well-organized and demonstrate an ability to write coherent and compelling proposals. Also, the successful candidate will routinely collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and will develop relationships with key staff members to deepen an understanding of ISI’s mission and an ability to communicate that mission to donors and foundations.
Ideally, the Associate Grant Writer will work out of ISI’s national headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware, but remote locations may be considered on an individual basis.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Developing strong working relationships with ISI staff members and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Embracing, and being a champion of, ISI’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of ISI’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the development department’s strategy.
- Helping to identify grant funding opportunities.
- Furnishing current and prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with the Vice President of Philanthropy and the Chief of Staff, Philanthropy, to send funders updates and reports.
- Maintaining quality records, updates, and activities in Salesforce database.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of experience working in nonprofit development, grant writing, or a field with similar, transferable skills.
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will display strong writing skills and have a work history that demonstrates success in managing multiple projects simultaneously, a high degree of personal initiative and conscientiousness, excellent organizational skills, superb interpersonal skills, reliable emotional intelligence, experience in meeting and exceeding deadlines, and an appreciation of, and a desire to further, ISI’s mission.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with current software and database programs (Salesforce experience is a plus), an excellent communicator (both written and verbal), a fast learner, and a self-starter who accomplishes tasks and makes consistent progress on projects with minimal supervision. Ultimately, the ideal candidate will be committed to ISI’s mission and be able to represent the Institute and its mission, programs, and research in the writing of grants and proposals to new and old funders.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and
- Your salary requirements
- A list of four references
Interested candidates should send this material to Claire Aguda, Chief of Staff, Philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.