- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Litigation
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 901 Congress Avenue Austin, TX 78701
- Application Deadline: November 10, 2020
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking an aggressive and innovative litigator with experience in the federal judiciary as an Attorney for the Center for the American Future. The qualified applicant will possess a strong love of liberty as the foundational purpose of government, an enthusiasm for Texas as the keystone of the American Dream, and an eagerness to challenge precedent and convention within the legal sphere in the defense of both.
The Center for the American Future is the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s litigation-based endeavor to oppose federal abuse and overreach in the subject matter areas of constitutional law, environmental, private property, and business autonomy rights.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
This candidate will report to the Center’s Director and be called upon to execute the Foundation’s legal work plan. This includes building a robust docket and advancing the Foundation’s strategic priorities. The Attorney will be an active participant in complex litigation, including the discovery process, briefs, trials, appellate work, and amicus briefing.
The Attorney for the Center for the American Future must be an extraordinary person with a keen drive to blaze new pathways in the fight to reclaim territory from Washington, D.C. He or she must have the following qualities:
- A self-starter. The Attorney must be willing and able to conceive and develop innovative ideas independently and often — and bring them to fruition.
- A writer. This Attorney must possess the aptitude for graceful prose that conveys complicated concepts convincingly.
- A strategic thinker. Specifically, the Attorney must be a strategic legal thinker, with a Juris Doctorate, able to grasp constitutional law sufficiently to handle complex litigation matters and author amicus briefs that advance the strategic vision of the Foundation.
- An advocate. The Attorney must bring to a table litigation experience in trial and appellate courts, administrative law, policymaking, legislation, and/or media — and a proven record of accomplishment.
- A leader. The Attorney must be willing to work with tact and persuasion to assist in assembling a coalition of activists, thinkers, and citizens in several states to challenge Washington, D.C., overreach on several fronts.
- Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the United States.
How to apply
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the Attorney who takes the position.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, writing samples, and references to:
- Graeme Taylor, Operations Manager
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.