- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 700 W. Virginia Street Suite 301 Milwaukee, WI 53204
- Application Deadline: May 17, 2019
The Badger Institute seeks a Marketing and Media Coordinator to join its growing team and promote the Institute’s research and reporting. Applicants should have a general marketing background as well as experience with effective social media platforms and strategies. The successful candidate will assist with the planning and execution of marketing activities and will be responsible for managing multiple digital platforms to deliver Badger Institute content to key audiences. The Coordinator will track audience engagement, ensure that all platforms are being used appropriately, and offer ideas for improving digital media strategy based on engagement and results.
This is a full-time position in the Institute’s downtown Milwaukee office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Executing the Institute’s marketing and media strategies and outreach.
- Defining and developing state and national audiences.
- Promoting content and engagement through social media, email marketing and website management.
- Creating online campaigns related to core policy issues.
- Producing and disseminating short video clips and/or podcasts.
- Writing press releases, newsletters and other compelling content.
- Formatting and publishing content to the website.
- Generating analytic reports across social media platforms as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years professional and/or internship experience in marketing and communications.
- Familiarity with social media algorithms, results tracking, ad processes and analytics.
- Ability to work with a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Willingness to learn new strategies, technologies and tools.
- Strong writing ability.
- Alignment with the Institute’s vision and commitment to limited government and free-market principles.
Badger Institute Mission
The Badger Institute, formerly the Wisconsin Policy Research Institute, is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institute established in 1987 to engage and energize Wisconsinites and others in discussions and timely action on key public policy issues critical to the state’s future, growth and prosperity.
The Institute’s research and public education activities are aimed at identifying and promoting public policies in Wisconsin that are fair, accountable, and cost-effective. In addition to criminal justice and licensing issues, the Institute’s work focuses on state and local government tax policy and spending, federalism, education, transportation, economic development and other policy areas that have significantly impact the quality of life and future of the state.
The Badger Institute is guided by a belief that competitive free markets, limited government, private initiative, and personal responsibility are essential to our democratic way of life.
This is a full-time position. The starting salary range is $40,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the position and the Badger Institute’s mission to firstname.lastname@example.org.