- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: 225 State Street Suite 302 Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
The Commonwealth Foundation’s work is driven by the core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF seeks an experienced, talented, and committed individual to support our team and help lead our marketing and communications work. The Director of Marketing will work closely with the Vice President to raise the organization’s brand and profile across the state and country.
The position will report to the Vice President and can be based in the Philadelphia, Harrisburg, or Pittsburgh office.
- Along with CF’s Vice President, lead the buildout of the CF brand and brand strategies.
- Build and oversee all internal/external marketing (focus on identification, acquisition, and retention of individuals in core CF audiences). This includes overseeing all of CF’s websites, social media, publications, and all other forward-facing platforms.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to advance CF’s policy priorities.
- Oversee all data collection, polling, management and analysis ensuring it is relevant, timely and incorporated into decision making across the organization.
- Utilize data to spot trends and target key audiences to enable CF to reach its policy, communications, and fundraising goals.
- Manage outside vendors and contractors and ensure they provide needed goods and services for CF’s marketing team.
- Build, coach, and manage a high-performing marketing team.
- Integrity, good character, kindness, and a strong work ethic.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications in a nonprofit or for-profit setting
- Demonstrated understanding of mail, e-mail, TV, radio, social, and digital advertising,
- Extensive project management experience.
- A leader who can develop and recruit talent.
- Experienced brand builder.
- Database management and analytics experience.
- Commitment to free-market principles.
- Monthly stipend for healthcare.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology.
- Matching 403b retirement plan up to 4%.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A work or writing sample (linked portfolios/examples are acceptable).
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements.
Please include “Director of Marketing – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.