- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: 225 State Street Suite 302 Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
Commonwealth Foundation’s work is driven by the core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF seeks an experienced, talented, and committed individual to support its team and expand its traditional and social media outreach. The Senior Communications Officer will work closely with the Director of Communications and Senior Communications Officer to boost the organization’s capacity and effectiveness in news media along with social media.
The Officer will report to the Senior Communications Officer and be based in the Philadelphia, Harrisburg, or Pittsburgh office.
- Assist Senior Communications Officer with media outreach.
- Ensure CF stays one step ahead of media’s desires and needs so that we can engage in discussions on our issues and free market principles.
- Work with senior communications officer to build relationships with select TV, radio, and print producers, reporters, and editors to expand positive coverage of CF’s priority issues statewide and nationally.
- Continually research media decision makers’ priorities and tailoring outreach and drafting pitches accordingly.
- Assist in writing and distributing press releases.
- Assist in preparing staff for media interviews.
- Analyze and monitor media coverage.
- Gather all media hits daily.
- Analyze media coverage to spot gaps and trends.
- Prepare reports that illustrate CF is owning the narrative on the issues we care about.
- Monitor opinion pages for potential letter to the editor or op-ed responses.
- Ensure CF media lists on are up-to-date.
- Manage daily posting on Facebook and Twitter, monitor and respond to comments as necessary.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Specialist and Senior Comms Officer in planning, managing, and executing social media strategy that supports CF’s communication and policy goals.
- Assist in building CF executives’ personal brands on social media.
- Provide insight into ways to improve institutional social media efforts.
- Character, integrity, kindness, industriousness, and an all-around great colleague.
- 2-5 years of experience in media relations, marketing, communications, or related professional work.
- People-savvy, well-organized, both a team player and a self-starter, and a creative problem solver.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF.
- Monthly stipend for healthcare.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology.
- Matching 403(b) retirement plan up to 4%.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements.
- Brief writing sample.
Please include “Senior Communication Officer – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.