- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: 225 State Street Suite 302 Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
The Commonwealth Foundation’s work is driven by the core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
CF seeks an experienced, talented, and committed individual to support its creative communications team and lead written fundraising programs. The Senior Creative Content Manager will work closely with the Director of Communications and Managing Editor to boost the organization’s capacity and effectiveness in message development, storytelling, and persuasive written communication.
The Manager will report to the Director of Communications and be based virtually or in the Philadelphia, Harrisburg, or Pittsburgh office.
- Manage direct mail and grant solicitation programs, working with colleagues and contractors to produce engaging content that drives revenue and ensuring all stakeholders are involved.
- Craft customized and timely communications for executives and fundraisers to facilitate relationship building.
Writing and Editing
- Bring a creative spark to the organization’s writing to better reach and engage our primary audiences: Staff members, investors, and lawmakers.
- Manage the writing process and contribute to the production of op-eds, blog posts, email communications, and other projects, with a particular focus on editing others’ work for clarity, conciseness, and messaging alignment.
- Work with writing contractors to greatly expand CF’s reach statewide and nationally and enable the organization to take prompt advantage of emerging opportunities.
Craft issue talking points for use with the media, investors, and policy makers, tailoring messaging to individual audiences, and ensuring they are up to date and readily accessible.
- Character, integrity, kindness, industriousness and an all-around great colleague.
- 5+ years’ experience in written fundraising, journalism, public relations or a related field.
- Exceptional writer, editor, and proofreader who understands how to inspire others through compelling storytelling.
- Ability to tailor communications to varied audiences and ghost write for multiple authors.
- Skilled in working with and enhancing the work of other writers.
- Experienced project manager.
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker.
- Share a commitment to the free-market principles of CF.
- Monthly stipend for healthcare.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology.
- Matching 403b retirement plan up to 4%.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF with your name in the file:
- Two writing samples
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
Please include “Senior Creative Content Manager – Your Name” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.