- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
The Institute for Justice is looking for a full-time in-house Cinematographer/Editor to join our award-winning communications team located in the Washington DC area.
The candidate will work individually and as part of a 2-to-3-person team to plan, shoot, and edit video content in our office’s studio or while traveling. IJ’s videos help tell our client’s stories and serve to explain our cases to the public. A small sample of IJ’s past work can be found here:
The Cinematographer/Editor should be well-versed in composition, lighting, and handheld camera work. IJ seeks a Cinematographer/Editor who will be agreeable, flexible, well-organized, enthusiastic, and team oriented. A passion for helping people and comfort interacting with attorneys and staff is a must. Other required skills/experience includes:
- 3-6 years of experience as a cinematographer filming documentaries and other non-narrative projects.
- Experience working well with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of techniques for optimal lighting and composition in filming.
- Familiarity with:
- Professional cameras (Canon Cinema or similar)
- Lighting and grip
- Editing with Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Practical on-set DP and Cinematography experience is a must.
- Ability to lift 50-pound equipment bags.
- Flexibility to travel, sometimes on a weekly basis.
- Photography, audio editing and post-production color work experience is preferred but not required.
How to apply
Please include cover letter, resume, and demo reel* here. Creativity encouraged. No phone calls please. Salary commensurate with experience.
*Must provide an online demo reel and individual finished projects showcasing previous work upon applying. Please indicate your role on each scene via timecodes. Applicants without a reel and/or demo work will NOT be considered.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.