- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
FGA works with state and federal leaders to advance positive health care, welfare and job creation reforms, and to stop policies that grow the welfare state at the expense of families and taxpayers. In just the past two years, 34 states have implemented FGA model reforms that will result in 4.5 million people escaping the welfare trap over the next three years, as well as new open doors for job creation and lower costs in healthcare. These successes rely on an innovative, efficient, and effective communications team to support the work of our federal and state affairs teams.
Our rapid growth has created a need for a Communications Manager. If you are a detail-oriented person who enjoys keeping lots of pieces moving to accomplish something big, enjoy crafting persuasive messages that are communicated with excellence, and want to be a key part of a team that is working to free individuals from the trap of government dependence, this position is for you.
The Communications Manager will play a central role in advancing FGA’s mission by coordinating closely with internal teams to ensure that the nuts and bolts are in place for successful communications. This position will report to the Vice President of Communications.
- Posting and managing content on the FGA website including press releases, latest commentary, research, collateral, videos, etc.
- Basic graphic design/layout projects and edits.
- Posting to FGA social media accounts and coordinating strategy with Digital Outreach Director.
- Coordinating with external graphic design contractors to support graphic elements for research, commentary, and other publications on social media.
- Collaborating with the State Affairs Coordinator and Communications team to ensure state marketing campaigns are implemented on-time within internal processes.
- Supporting VP of Communications on collateral development and editing.
- Creating and distributing weekly internal newsletter.
- Managing media relations software and distributing daily engagement reports to internal targets.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of:
- Detail-oriented project management.
- Strong internal communications skills.
- Being well-organized and excellent at keeping others up to date on the status of tasks and projects.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment where people may need things “yesterday.”
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress for basic publications, graphics and web content.
- Being comfortable and productive with cloud-based software for project management (like Basecamp).
See http://thefga.org/about-us/careers/ to find out why FGA might be an incredible opportunity for you.
Who should apply?
If you’re interested in this role, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a strong belief that a free-market economic system is the best possible way to relieve poverty and give people the opportunity for a better life?
- Do you agree that getting a job is
a critical factor in escaping poverty and welfare dependence?
- Do you agree government has a minimal role to play in providing a welfare safety net for the poor, and that it should be focused on the truly needy?
- Do you think embracing the realities of politics is essential to advancing good public policy ideas?
- Does it motivate you to be held to a very high standard of measureable, real-world results achieved?
- Are you ok with making mistakes in order to learn?
- Are you often the person in the room who asks the uncomfortable question that everyone is thinking?
- Do you like having lots of freedom to decide where and how you work?
- Do you tend to be the one who initiates conversations with colleagues, rather than waiting for them to come to you?
If you answered yes to all these questions and are looking for the opportunity to make a lasting impact, then you should apply for this role.
Timing, Location & Compensation
FGA is seeking to fill this position by March 1. Many of FGA’s staff work remotely, therefore the location for this position is flexible. Some travel will be required, likely 4 to 5 trips per year. FGA offers salary and benefits that are very competitive, including a health benefit and generous paid leave plan.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Please apply via FGA’s online careers portal by clicking “Apply” below. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.