- Type: Internship
- Discipline: Communications
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 111 Monument Circle Suite 2650 Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2021
EdChoice, a national nonprofit organization that promotes state-based educational choice programs, is seeking a Communications/Marketing Intern. This position will provide the EdChoice Communications team with data collection and website support. Intern will gain experience working as part of a professional communications team for a national nonprofit. Responsibilities will include data and analytics reporting and general communications support.
Successful candidate will have:
- High school degree or equivalent with experience in marketing or communications; preferred candidate will be pursuing college degree in marketing or communications.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Web experience a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
Full Job Description
Position: Communications/Marketing Intern
Purpose: To provide EdChoice Communications team with data collection and website support.
Supervised by: Marketing Director
Duties and Responsibilities
Data and Analytics Reporting
- Compiling the following data each month: analytics for all EdChoice social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others currently in development); email open, click-through, delivery and deliverability rates; earned media placement and reach; website usage and engagement.
- Ensuring all reports are up-to-date on the server.
- Assisting the team with semi-annual reports to the Board of Directors and reports as requested either by the CEO or Board members.
- Working collaboratively with research and state teams to upload edits/changes required to keep web content up to date.
- Assist communications team building new landing pages for the website, including: blog posts, podcasts, research reports and polls, new program pages, and other new content or campaign-specific pages.
- There is the possibility that this position could include some basic list-building within our Salesforce CRM to support our email program; this will be determined by the Marketing Director based on the skill level of the Intern.
EdChoice is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to advancing full and unencumbered educational choice as the best pathway to successful lives and a stronger society. EdChoice believes that families, not bureaucrats, are best equipped to make K-12 schooling decisions for their children. The organization works at the state level to educate diverse audiences, train advocates and engage policymakers on the benefits of high-quality school choice programs. EdChoice is the intellectual legacy of Milton and Rose D. Friedman, who founded the organization in 1996.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter detailing interest in the position and EdChoice mission, resumé, and writing sample to carey@EdChoice.org by March 24, 2021.