- Type: Full-Time
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2022
Reason is seeking a policy research communications expert to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working at a think tank, legislature, or a related organization involved in the development and communication of public policy concepts and details.
In this role, you will work on a team of communications professionals along with policy experts to develop and execute communications plans for the release of policy studies, briefs and other materials; edit and place commentaries produced by members of our research teams and affiliated scholars; identify opportunities for policy teams to reach the media and policymakers; prepare and design one-pagers and other materials; conduct outreach to relevant media and government officials to improve policies and help build relationships; and work with our team to enhance the quality and appeal of our written materials and online presence.
You will also be responsible for developing and implementing plans for reaching and engaging audiences on the web and social media platforms. This will include drafting and sending email newsletters; posting stories, videos, and other media; generating ideas for original social media content and working with staff to execute them; and identifying opportunities for distributing Reason’s content to new audiences on emerging platforms. You will provide communication expertise in meetings of research team members. You will work closely with internal customers to provide access to, and insights into, data through regular and ad-hoc reports.
- At least 3 years experience in communications, government affairs, policy research, advocacy, digital publishing, media, or related fields.
- Experience developing communications plans, writing press releases and liaising with media.
- Understanding of and commitment to Reason’s organizational mission and goals.
- Strong communication, writing, time management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and within a team.
- Strong writing skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Design Suite, mass email platforms, social media platforms posting tools, and web analytics tools are a major plus.
Location is negotiable. Competitive salary and benefits.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.