- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Outreach
- Location: 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
The Institute for Justice, the National Law Firm for Liberty, seeks a passionate, outgoing and organized person to fill the role of Community Outreach Manager at our headquarters in Arlington, VA. IJ’s activism team fights to vindicate rights at the grassroots level through outreach, community organizing, training, coalition building, public demonstrations, the media, and legislative advocacy. Our work focuses on helping vulnerable communities.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to IJ’s mission, at least five years of professional experience, be genuinely relatable and compassionate to people from all walks of life, and excited about helping those of modest means.
The Community Outreach Manager will implement grassroots strategies in collaboration with the rest of the activism team and spearhead projects. The position will primarily work on property rights and economic liberty issues.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and execute grassroots and legislative strategies and public information campaigns
- Cultivate relationships with activists
- Plan and host events (public demonstrations, block parties, town halls) and activism trainings
- Write op-eds and Letters to the Editor, and do media interviews
- Produce testimony, one-pagers, press releases, and other written content and research
- Travel as needed
We offer a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a retirement savings plan, as well as the opportunity to work with experienced activists and litigators in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment. The position also offers opportunities for professional development, growth and advancement.
How to apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample using the Apply button.
No phone calls, please.