- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: 4800 Six Forks Rd. Suite 220 Raleigh, NC 27609
- Application Deadline: August 14, 2020
The Development Assistant provides major support to the Development team. The position combines the technical and operational requirements of electronic donor database management with directed responsibilities interacting with donors and other supporters. The person in this role works closely with the Development team to implement our strategic plan and calendar for donor communications. The position involves administrative work, fundraising support, and with guidance from Executive team, communicating with donors and prospects. Additionally, the Assistant is directly involved in special events logistics, communication, stewardship of donors, direct mail, and electronic appeals.
Donor Database Management – 40%
- Sharing responsibility with other organizational teams for database content and outputs; routinely and accurately enter gift and other data; work with other staff and volunteers to assure data health/clean up; troubleshoot and resolve technical glitches.
- Run queries and reports for Development team to plan, analyze progress toward, and achieve development goals.
- Prepare materials for development meetings and quarterly reports.
- Manage information from online giving systems, assuring that donor gifts are properly acknowledged.
- Maintain donor records and accurate information regarding communications with donors.
Donor Communications – 20%
- Prepare acknowledgements and other communications as directed.
- Communicate with donors regarding credit card management.
- Proofread development documents and content to help ensure quality.
- Collaborate with Development team and Communications Director to schedule and produce multi- channel fundraising campaigns including email marketing, social media, website updates for special fundraising days, year-end appeals and other special projects.
Administrative and Other Fundraising – 40%
- Assist in researching prospects and donors.
- Maintain grant files and calendar of deadlines.
- Maintain supplies to support Development program.
- Provide administrative support to the Development team.
- Perform other duties and special projects as directed.
Experience and Qualification
- Minimum 1 year of nonprofit (c3) related experience is preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Required.
- Proficiency in Database entry, such as Salesforce experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills and tremendous attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate, work with both close direction and independently, function well as a team member, and know when to seek guidance, thought-partners, and help.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect rules, policies and practices.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field (completed or near conclusion)
- Ability to take work seriously, but have fun also.