- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: 4800 Six Forks Rd. Suite 220 Raleigh, NC 27609
- Application Deadline: March 27, 2020
The Development Associate is a crucial member of the Development team who helps build and maintain the operational infrastructure. The position combines the technical and operational requirements of electronic donor database management with directed responsibilities interacting with donors and other supporters.
This person helps craft the team’s strategic plan, maintains the calendar for donor communications, and works cooperatively with all staff to ensure efficient completion of assigned responsibilities and tasks. The position involves administrative work, fundraising support, and, with guidance from the executive team, communicating with donors and prospects.
Additionally, the Associate is directly involved in special events logistics and communication, stewardship of donors, and direct mail and electronic appeals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Donor Database Management – 40%
- Shares responsibility with other organizational teams for database content and outputs; routinely and accurately enters gift and other data; works with other staff and volunteers to assure data health/clean up; troubleshoots and resolves technical glitches.
- Runs queries and reports for Development team to plan, analyzes progress toward, and achieves development goals.
- Prepares materials for development committee meetings and quarterly reports.
- Manages information from online giving systems, assuring that donor gifts are properly acknowledged.
- Maintains donor records and accurate information regarding communications with donors.
Donor Communications – 20%
- Prepares acknowledgements and other communications as directed.
- Communicates with donors regarding credit card management.
- Proofreads development documents and content to help ensure quality.
- Collaborates with Development team and Vice President of Marking and Communications to schedule and produce multi-channel fundraising campaigns including email marketing, social media, website updates for special fundraising days, year-end appeals and other special projects.
Administrative and Other Fundraising – 40%
- Assists in researching prospects and donors.
- Maintains grant files and calendar of deadlines.
- Maintains supplies to support Development program.
- Provides administrative support to the Development team.
- Performs other duties and special projects as directed.
- Performs needed communications regarding donor-advised funds as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of nonprofit (c3) fundraising or related experience is preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media channels required.
- Proficiency in database management (such as SalesForce); experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and tremendous attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and with close direction, function well as a team member, and know when to seek guidance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect rules, policies, and practices.
- Must be comfortable in a lively, fast-paced environment.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the form found on our site https://www.johnlocke.org/development-associate/.