- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 333 Research Court Suite 210 Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
Georgia Center for Opportunity (GCO) is an independent, non-partisan policy research organization that develops solutions leading to social and economic opportunity in the state of Georgia. Our vision is to make vibrant communities where everyone can achieve their potential.
Our mission is to ensure that every person – no matter their race, past mistakes, or the circumstances of their birth – has access to a quality education, fulfilling work, and a healthy family life. To achieve our mission, we research ways to help remove barriers to opportunity in each of these pathways, promote our solutions to policymakers and the public, and help effective and innovative social enterprises deliver results in their communities. Our ultimate goal is to see every Georgian who is willing to seize the opportunities presented to them living a life that can be characterized as truly flourishing.
GCO is poised for growth. With offices in Peachtree Corners of metro Atlanta and Columbus, GA. GCO is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative environment. We have an opening for a Development Associate who is a self-starter, an independent worker, and a team player in a fast-growing organization.
The Development Associate is responsible for advancing the interests of the organization through fundraising and donor relations with a focus on growing and cultivating the base of donors. This position is part of GCO’s Development team and will report directly to the Development Director. The Development Associate will maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the work the organization performs and will be able to communicate that work in a compelling fashion.
- Maintain the donor database (Salesforce) with current information on all donors and prospects
- Perform donor research, including identifying individuals, foundations and corporate donors aligned with GCO’s mission
- Review, edit, and/or write grant proposals, solicitation letters, reports, and other documents
- Coordinate with vendors to execute direct mail campaigns
- Work with the Development Director to develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual donors and prospects
- Track development goals and identify areas of improvement
- Help with donor events and other outreach events
- Cultivate donor relationships through phone calls, thank you letters, correspondence, and/or donor meetings
- Coordinate with other staff members to leverage work and communicate successes to donors
- Assist with clerical work related to development
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study
- One year of professional experience as a fundraiser or related experience
- Alignment with GCO’s core values and mission; ability to articulate the critical role GCO plays in Georgia
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent presentation skills and high attention to detail is essential
- Strong organization, high initiative, clear interpersonal skills, professionalism, mature judgment, and the ability to produce work on tight deadlines
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to identify audiences needs and tailor messages to those needs
- Collaborative spirit, works well with colleagues and leadership in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with Donor Relationship Management or Customer Relationship Management platforms required (experience with Salesforce is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internet-based research, and social media
- Willingness to travel when necessary and frequently meet with donors personally
GCO offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and provides excellent benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, a 401k plan, life insurance, and accrued vacation and sick leave. This position also offers the right candidate significant opportunities for professional development and growth.
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief cover letter including brief biography and description of how you would be successful in this position
- Resume and salary requirements
- Two professional references
- Recent writing sample (e.g., appeal letter, published article, blog post)