- Type: Contract
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: October 22, 2018
State Policy Network is seeking a Foundation and Organization Operations Manager to join our fast-paced development team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in utilizing excellent writing and organizational skills while gaining valuable fundraising experience and learning more about the state-based free market think tank network.
The Foundation and Organization Operations Manager will work directly with our Director of Foundation and Organization Relations on writing/editing copy, maintaining grants calendars and files, compiling information for proposals and reports, assisting with corporate/organization sponsorships, and stewarding donors in the foundation and corporate/organization sectors.
The Foundation and Organization Operations Manager’s role advances SPN’s mission and strategic objectives by providing operational management of foundation and corporate/organization fundraising functions and partnerships that support SPN’s key priorities.
The Foundation and Organization Operations Manager can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA headquarters or in a virtual office.
- Edit copy/write first drafts of reports, proposals, cover letters
- Review grant awards, portals, websites and other sources to set up/maintain foundation calendar, target dates/activities list, and metrics spreadsheets
- Track deadlines and materials submitted
- Gather information needed for reports, fact sheets/one-page data requests of foundations, year-end reports, and new-year’s goals
- Track requests of team members, create reminder system
- Assist with marketing/outreach of Annual Meeting sponsorships and follow up post-event
- Maintain files and track sponsorships solicitation progress in real time
- Answer general email inquiries and schedule calls to discuss organization’s objectives and Annual Meeting sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with stewardship of foundation and corporate donors
- Assist with moves management execution, projections, and recording in Salesforce
- Assist with acknowledgment process
- Assist with prospecting for new foundation and corporate/organization partners
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising, copy editing, operations, sales, or communications
- Strong interest in having a role that will further State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- Goal-oriented team player with upbeat personality, yet comfortable working independently
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively
- Experience in solving problems in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to plan ahead, forecast workflow, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Salesforce (or other CRM system) and cloud-sharing programs
This is currently a contract hourly position for approximately 15-20 hours per week and 48 weeks per year, with the possibility of becoming full-time salaried position over time. Includes minimal travel (5-10%).
About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network was founded to support the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of state think tanks including 65 independent state think tank affiliates and over 90 associate partners who strive to achieve this vision through their . SPN works side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high performing independent think tanks. We do this by:
- Incubating think tanks and accelerating their development through strategic planning, training, and coaching;
- Connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, with the aim of cultivating state solutions that collectively yield national impact; and,
- Defending the 50-state think tank network by disseminating best practices, critical resources when members are attacked, and fighting assaults on free speech and donor privacy.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter
- Compensation requirements
Materials should be emailed to Denise Stevenson at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance to all applicants for your interest in this position however, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.