- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) seeking a full-time or part-time position to conduct research and communications efforts dealing with a host of regulatory and legislative issue affecting consumers and the market economy. The position will be based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, although remote reporting and telecommuting may be permissible.
ACI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market. The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
- Foundation and grant proposal writing (60%)
- Donor outreach (30%)
- Development process improvement (10%)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience of business development for a think tank or nonprofit advocacy organization
- College degree;
- Commitment to the free-market principles;
- Direct outreach experience;
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a timely fashion; and
- Excellent grant writing and communications skills required.
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan;
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience; and
- Growth and increased responsibilities based on candidate’s ability to master complex policy issues.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Please submit the following materials in PDF format:
- Cover letter detailing your experience, interest in full time or part time or temporary employment, your salary requirements, and availability to start; and
Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed to Steve Pociask at email@example.com. Hiring decisions will be made during January 2021.