- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
The Commonwealth Foundation is among the most effective and influential state-based think tanks in the country. With a top-notch team of policy analysts and communication experts, CF transforms free-market ideas into public policies so all Pennsylvanians can flourish.
Our research and advocacy have led to lower taxes on working Pennsylvanians, greater transparency in state government spending and contracts, criminal justice reform that reduced both prison population and crime, and increased educational options for thousands of students.
Our work is driven by our core values of:
- Treating everyone with dignity,
- Stewardship of our investors’ time and treasure, and
- Pursuing productive solutions to problems.
This new position will build a measurement and efficiency capability for donor communications, based on existing salesforce and email platforms, that will maximize the donor stewardship experience and equip a team of executives and fundraising professionals to achieve ambitious goals. Alongside the Senior Director of Development, this position will design, implement and drive a data-based strategy for the development department to equip the organization and its allied organizations to scale effectively. In addition, this person will strengthen the salesforce instance and help integrate direct mail and grant proposal processes into overall development communication strategy. The position will report to the Senior Director of Development.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Development and can be based in our Harrisburg, King of Prussia, or virtual office.
The manager will:
- Be the owner of salesforce processes and coach team members about features to help achieve their goals,
- Assist executives in their fundraising by managing moves to steward donors as required,
- Conduct experiments on how to best communicate with different segments of the donor audience,
- Design, build, and implement a new salesforce capability to track foundation reports and proposals,
- Ensure that salesforce data is entered, stored, and used to maximize team efficiency,
- Oversee calendar, measurement, and reporting for direct mail,
- Experiment with new donor recognition processes to include giving clubs and legacy society, and
- Provide real-time data analysis to drive strategic development decisions, among other responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of using systems, preferably Salesforce, to analyze data and help make team-wide, data-driven decisions. This person should also have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive in a rapid growth professional environment in which experimentation and innovation is encouraged. Experience with other aspects of nonprofit fundraising are not required, but are welcomed. A college degree is neither required nor preferred. We are looking for an individual with:
- Exceptional commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Alignment with the organization’s mission and objectives.
- An entrepreneurial, self-driven spirit who can work collaboratively.
- Virtual office is acceptable, but Eastern Standard work hours are expected.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Monthly stipend for health care.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Reimbursements for needed mobile technology and home office supplies.
- Matching retirement plan.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted via a simple form using the apply button.