- Type: Full-Time
- Location: 7000 N 16 St Suite 120-155 Phoenix, AZ 85020
Do you want to advance meaningful causes through the law, but don’t care for attention in the media or courtroom? Do you thrive on connecting and serving others, and do you share a relentless passion to help families, taxpayers, and small businesses stand up to governments that abuse their power?
American Juris Link was founded to defend freedom and the rule of law on behalf of all Americans. Rather than representing clients or advancing legal policy in a traditional public interest law firm, our unique mission is to provide services for other lawyers who share our vision.
We serve as a hub to leverage resources across nearly 100 allied firms. We connect lawyers across organizations, provide forums, and curate resources for efficient and effective operations. Because of our work, legal strategies are refined, duplication is reduced, and more cases are won for freedom.
The lawyers we serve are passionately devoted to defending liberty and justice. We exist to help them succeed.
How We Are Growing
Lawyers are increasingly turning to us for help advocating for freedom and the rule of law. We need to expand our capacity to answer their calls – whether it’s finding pro bono local counsel, coordinating amicus briefs, putting together moot courts, or connecting lawyers and clients together. We seek to grow our team of match-makers. Legal experience is not required, but an aptitude for relationships is. Job duties (for example, travel to law conferences, identifying lawsuits of interest, or communicating our accomplishments to our partners) depend on unique talents and experience. You’re a good candidate if you’re an exceptional listener and communicator, comfortable and approachable in a professional environment, and a natural connector. We encourage initial phone inquiries to explore a possible fit with our team. We are also pleased to simultaneously explore a possible fit with one of several partner organizations that we’re currently assisting in job searches.
Skills and Requirements
- Passion for advancing freedom and the rule of law.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and coalitions.
- Leadership and management of people and projects from planning through execution.
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Exceptional customer service with a personal touch, and ability to accommodate spoken and unspoken preferences.
- Favored but not required: Ability to spot and articulate legal claims, defenses, and procedures common in public interest litigation.
- Excellent discretion, high integrity, sound judgment.
- Warm, professional, diplomatic.
- Natural listener with servant-leader attributes.
- Self-motivated, performance-driven, team player.
Our team is entirely remote. We collaborate across time zones through email, text, phone, and video in a flexible, family-friendly work environment.
American Juris Link is a non-partisan, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. We are funded by individuals, corporations, and private foundations who share our vision for freedom and the rule of law.
How to Apply
Submit the following application materials by PDF to Carrie Ann Donnell:
- Cover letter explaining A) your interest in the position, and B) your salary requirements.
- Non-legal writing sample(s), such as formal letters or emails, press releases, publications, or other written communications (3-12 pages combined).
- Legal writing sample or excerpt (6-12 pages) if you have legal experience (if you have no prior legal experience, then no additional writing sample is required).
- Three professional references with contact information.