- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: July 30, 2021
The Empire Center for Public Policy (EC) seeks a Director of Communications and Marketing to plan, oversee and execute the Center’s communications, marketing and outreach strategy. The Director of Communications and Marketing will work closely with the Center’s executive team to maximize the publicity and earned media of the Center and its projects.
About five years in government or political communications, journalism, corporate advertising/marketing or a related field is most likely necessary for this role. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Empire strongly prefers a candidate who can work in the office in Albany, NY. For the exceptional candidate, remote work will be considered, though someone located within New York is still preferred.
- Creating and implementing EC’s short- and long-term communications and marketing strategy
- Cultivating new and existing media contacts while staying on top of the current media landscape both locally and nationally
- Strategically managing the publications schedule
- Securing earned media coverage for EC’s reports, projects and strategic initiatives
- Booking TV and radio interviews for EC staff
- Editing and placing op-eds
- Manage EC’s websites, including empirecenter.org and seethroughny.net
- Developing and implementing paid and organic social media marketing campaigns
- Execute email strategy, including a monthly newsletter, donor communications and press releases, with an eye to growing EC’s audience and email list
- Editing and assisting in the writing of reports, articles and other materials prepared by Empire Center researchers and staff
- Working with outside vendors, including on graphic design, website maintenance and print collateral
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- Exceptionally strong writing ability, including the ability to turn out clear, clean and concise copy on tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and copyediting experience
- Familiarity with common PC and/or Mac software, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp and Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Proficiency in digital and social media, including paid advertising
- General knowledge of and interest in the public policy issues on which the Empire Center focuses
- An affinity with the Empire Center’s free-market approach to the public policy challenges facing New York State
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing the how the candidate’s background applies to this role, your interest in the position, a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position and salary requirements
- Two writing samples; samples related to EC’s work preferred, any writing samples acceptable
- At least two professional references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.