- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 901 Congress Avenue Austin, TX 78701
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2020
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to direct and improve the performance of the Foundation’s digital media, social media, and direct mail outreach program. The Director of Donor Communications is responsible for developing an annual multi-channel donor marketing strategy and schedule and for all donor marketing activities, including donor solicitation and new donor acquisition. The ideal candidate will possess a proven record of experience in growing and managing effective donor-related marketing programs.
- Oversee a direct response donor acquisition program employing digital, social media, and direct mail that generates an exceptional response rate and average gift.
- Manage a cultivation program to ensure maximum new donor retention and increased giving.
- Manage a direct response program to effectively cultivate, renew, and increase support from existing donors.
- Administer a donor acknowledgment and recognition program utilizing mail, email, and telephone outreach.
- Use the database to create solicitation and cultivation lists, assign tracking codes, create and update donor records, and analyze and report on direct response results.
- Deliver effective, error-free communications.
- Create and manage the marketing calendar and meet all deadlines.
- Manage outside vendors to deliver top quality at a low cost.
- Monitor direct response revenue and expense budget and ensure payment to vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2 – 4 years experience in fund development and/or marketing, ideally with a digital and mail direct response program.
- High energy level and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to adhere to a plan and meet deadlines while demonstrating flexibility when needed.
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of the English language and writing/editing ability. Ability to write in a variety of voices. Familiarity with donor-centric language a plus.
- Ability to communicate empathetically with donors at all giving levels.
- Experience using Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and a complex donor database.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT a plus.
- Self-starter mentality and ability to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- A personal commitment to the principles of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise.
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range, and a writing sample to: Graeme Taylor at email@example.com
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a nonprofit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to: Graeme Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org