- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
We are looking for an exceptional communicator and writer to join our team as the director of donor relations. This person will be responsible for overseeing our donor communications, including leading the writing and editing of donor solicitations, impact updates, grant proposals, reports and other donor materials.
This director of donor relations will work closely with both our programmatic and fundraising teams to effectively convey vision and impact to donors. The ideal candidate will have experience with foundations, fundraising, communications, nonprofit writing or some other related field, with a proven ability to transform complex ideas into persuasive, consumable language for donor audiences. The candidate must be curious, entrepreneurial and self-accountable.
This full-time position will be based in either our Chicago office, or in a virtual office with a willingness to travel to Chicago 4 to 6 times per year.
- At least five years of work experience with foundations, fundraising, communications, nonprofit writing or some other related field
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Experience of successfully writing grants of $100,000 or more and a solid understanding of major foundation giving patterns.
- Ability to transform internal ideas, metrics and strategies into easy-to-understand and compelling language for donor audiences
- Ability to manage priorities and follow through
- Pursues constructive feedback resulting in personal growth and impact
- Firm belief in free markets, and individual liberty and responsibility as key solutions to our communities’ and nation’s toughest problems
- Ability to travel, approximately 4 to 6 times each year
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials, in 1 PDF file, to Cinda Pensabene (email@example.com):
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position and your salary requirements
- 2 writing samples, preferably related to donor communications
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.