- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Government Affairs, Policy
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: December 17, 2021
Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW)/Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW) is seeking a director of health and science policy.
The successful candidate should have at least five years of experience on Capitol Hill and/or in the Executive Branch, private industry, trade associations, and taxpayer advocacy groups. Excellent communications and research and writing skills are essential. The candidate must also have experience in promoting free-market and taxpayer-friendly policies, including a smaller, more efficient government, fewer regulations, and lower taxes, and have a strong respect for intellectual property rights.
Familiarity with the legislative and regulatory process at the federal and state level of government is required. The candidate must be comfortable advocating for a patient-focused, less regulatory approach to reforming healthcare, drug and medical device research and development, and understand federal healthcare programs like Medicare and Medicaid.
- Monitoring current legislative and executive branch activities.
- Researching and composing commentaries/observations/essays for CAGW’s blog The WasteWatcher.
- Writing testimony.
- Researching, writing, and publishing issue briefs.
- Working with CAGW/CCAGW’s federal and state government affairs associates to advocate for or against legislation and amendments; and,
- Writing timely comments on forthcoming healthcare or science-related regulations at the state, federal, and international levels of government.
The successful candidate will attend coalition meetings and similar events and promote CAGW/CCAGW’s mission and point of view. There may be occasional travel to various states and conferences throughout the year, and remote work is possible depending on certain conditions.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
To apply, please forward a current resume, references, and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Director of Health & Science Policy 2021 in the subject line.