- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: Katherine.Price@AtlasNetwork.org
- Location: 4075 Wilson Blvd. Suite 310 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
The Director of Information Systems is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating information systems projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Core deliverables include driving the analysis and re-engineering of existing business processes; identifying and developing the capability to use new tools; reshaping the enterprise’s physical infrastructure and network access; identifying and exploiting the enterprise’s knowledge resources; defining and integrating the organization’s technology strategy into the greater mission; managing the department budget; prioritizing daily team tasks based on mandated priorities and schedules; and training and mentoring team members.
Information Systems Mandate
The Atlas Network information systems team enables the organization to more fully realize its mission and vision through optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s IT capabilities. We enable Atlas Network to understand, plan for, and realize strategic opportunities presented by information technology through a collection of capabilities, systems, and data collection and analysis.
- Manage day-to-day operations of enterprise applications, custom reporting and in- house developed applications.
- Manage Information Technology project development from initiation to closure; share responsibility of project accountability with the business project sponsor.
- Develop and document project scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget and schedule.
- Provide project schedules to identify deliverables and corresponding completion dates; proactively lead and manage project team members.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to project team on a regular basis.
- High-level understanding of information security strategy.
- Strong understanding of mainstream CRM and ERP platforms and associated business processes.
- Prioritize daily team tasks based on mandated priorities and schedules.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field
- 10+ years of overall IT experience with increasing responsibility and a leadership role
- 10+ years’ work experience with Linux, MySQL, MS SQL and PHP
- Demonstrated experience managing large scale business projects and leading project teams
- Handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong process and documentation background are required, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of data modeling and database normalization
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: