- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
The Policy Circle informs, inspires, and develops civic leaders by recruiting women to lead roundtable discussions on the economic impact of public policy. The vision is that women across the nation are connected and engaged in their communities, openly sharing their views and taking a leadership role in public policy dialogue on what human creativity can accomplish in a free-market economy.
The Policy Circle seeks a driven and reliable customer relationship database manager to structure and maintain the integrity of customer data and automated processes that will enable the organization’s rapid expansion and membership initiatives. This is a new position that requires a self-motivated professional who is flexible to the organization’s needs, can handle multiple projects and deadlines, takes direction from others well and is responsive to immediate needs of The Policy Circle Team. The Salesforce Data Manager is a collaborator who enthusiastically supports The Policy Circle’s mission.
This position reports to the Director of Programs and Operations, and works remotely most of the time. The position is cross-functional and will support the initiatives of communications, advancement, membership, content development, fundraising, and the Civic Leadership Engagement Roadmap (CLER) program.
The job of Director of Technology was established for the purpose/s of planning, organizing, directing, supervising and evaluating the acquisition and application of technology in support of all organizational activities; coordinating the development and implementation of the organization’s technology master plan; coordinating, organizing and supervising staff development, training and technical guidance in software, educational technology and use of systems; assisting in the development of the organization’s technology budget and pursuing alternative platforms, vendors, and applications to meet budget and changing business objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals
- Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Managing vendor relationships
- Negotiating contract agreements and monitoring service level performance
- Managing resolution of issues / bugs / contract performance
- Develops and monitors the website
- Identifying potential platform integrations to improve performance
- Organizing new functionality scope definition and release strategy
- Owning the user experience (UX design, accessibility, and navigation)
- Collaborates with staff and vendor personnel for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
- Facilitates member interviews and focus groups for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff, and serving as a Policy Circle representative
- Participates in a variety of staff meetings and Policy Circle programming initiatives for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding technological needs and issues
- Performs personnel administrative functions (e.g. hiring, counseling, training, supervising, evaluating, providing professional development opportunities, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary department/program outcomes are achieved
- Researches topics related to current and emerging technology for the purpose of developing new programs/services, ensuring program compliance with established requirements, securing general information and/or responding to requests.
- Responds to issues involving staff, regulations, community concerns, member requests that may result in some negative impact if not appropriately addressed for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a plan of action that will efficiently resolve the issue.
Desired skill sets
- Salesforce / Database Management—Required
- Custom Object/Field Creation
- Custom Opportunity Design and Management to support operation processes including:
- Circle Creation and Support
- Policy Expert Access
- State Leadership Councils
- CLER Participation
- Tracking Campaign Effectiveness and Frequency
- Email Campaigns (Fundraising, etc)
- Recruiting Event / State Launches Campaigns
- Circle Meetings
- Lead Management
- Automated Follow Up
- Lead Source Tracking
- Workflow Automation
- Email Template Design
- Cross Object Field Updates
- Task Assignment
- Report / Dashboard Development
- Upload / API Integration
- Experience with Salesforce Integration product implementation and training
- Google Office Suite
- User Interface / UX Design
What you’ll need
- Technical expertise and aptitude to learn new platforms
- Operational mindset with focus on scalability and data integrity
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Highly relational with positive demeanor
- Self starter
- Interested in the mission of the Policy Circle
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com.