- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: mbagnoli@TFAS.org
- Location: 1706 New Hampshire Avenue NW Washington, DC 20009
- Application Deadline: August 20, 2019
In order to advance the mission of The Fund for American Studies (TFAS), the development office exists to build and cultivate strong relationships with supporters by partnering with them to achieve their philanthropic interests with the goal of increasing support for TFAS’ work to educate students in free-market economics, the ideals of liberty, and honorable leadership.
The Donor Relations Assistant/Associate is responsible for providing logistical and organizational support for the Chief Development Officer and the President of The Fund for American Studies, as well as providing general support to the internal development operations team. The ideal candidate will be innovative and entrepreneurial. He/She will constantly seek ways to do things better and create exceptional experiences for TFAS donors in order to increase their connection to, and investment in, our work.
Remote work will not be considered. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the Chief Development Officer.
- Draft correspondence for current donors and prospective donors.
- Research and identify prospective donors.
- Assist Chief Development Officer and Director of Strategic Donor Communications with an early-phase alumni program.
- Create, update and maintain accurate database records for donor meetings.
- Assist with setting donor meetings and travel planning.
- Passion for and alignment with the mission of The Fund for American Studies.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- An obsessive desire to win; you are frustrated with complacency.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative, and provide solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and RE NXT or comparable CRM software strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years professional experience in fundraising/development office is strongly preferred.
About The Fund for American Studies
The Fund for American Studies is an educational nonprofit that is changing the world by developing leaders for a free society. Our transformational programs teach the principles of limited government, free-market economics, and honorable leadership to students and young professionals in America and around the world.
By offering a portfolio of more than 20 different academic programs, fellowships and seminars, the TFAS Journey helps cultivate future leaders from high school, all the way through to their university studies and professional careers.
Today, there are more than 42,000 TFAS alumni making the difference in their communities and throughout the world by upholding the values essential to the preservation and success of a free society.
How to apply
Please email cover letter, resume and 1-2 writing samples to:
Chief Development Officer
The Fund for American Studies
Subject: TFAS Development Assistant Role
mbagnoli@TFAS.org (no phone calls please)