- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 1200 New Hampshire Avenue, NW Suite 700 Washington, DC 20036
- Application Deadline: June 12, 2020
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty “Becket” is a non-partisan, non-profit law firm that defends the religious liberty of all faiths. We have won five U.S. Supreme Court cases in the past six years and defended a wide variety of religious groups, including Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Native American, and Sikh.
The development team is looking for a driven, hardworking team player who is passionate about religious liberty and seeking to gain professional experience in development and non-profit operations. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
- Commitment to Becket’s mission of religious liberty for all
- Strong ethic of service and sustained positive attitude
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team, but also take initiative as needed
- Superior oral and written communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Computer competency required in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 1-2 years of experience in non-profit development or private sector sales/marketing
- Raiser’s Edge or CRM experience preferred
Assisting the Development Department with:
- Effectively communicating Becket’s work via email and over the phone
- Maintaining a portfolio of supporters and engaging them with intention
- Drafting grant proposals and reports; printing/mailing and formatting reports
- Tracking incoming grants and reporting requirements; managing grants calendar
- Planning events, internal meetings, and collaborating on the annual Gala
- Record keeping
- Conducting research
- Maintaining various email and mailing lists
- Receiving and processing donations
- Other relevant development duties as needed
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file title to Hyewon Kraemer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter detailing:
- Why you are interested in philanthropy, Becket’s mission, and how your experience and background will contribute to Becket’s success
- Your availability to start.
Becket is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.