- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: 1401 N Lincoln Blvd Oklahoma City, OK 73104
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
The Donor Relations Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Development and Operations, as well as OCPA senior leadership, to implement an integrated fundraising strategy. He or she will develop long-term relationships with existing supporters and key prospects and will solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for OCPA.
The Donor Relations Manager will interact with donors through one-on-one visits, telephone calls, and written correspondence, keeping them informed of OCPA’s work. The Donor Relations Manager will also assist in the management and execution of internal operations and projects of the development department of OCPA. This position is integral to the success of OCPA and requires someone who shares our principles, understands our priorities, and cares about building relationships. This role will be based at OCPA’s headquarters in Oklahoma City.
- Build relationships with OCPA supporters and prospects for the purpose of helping them support our work financially.
- Interact with donors through one-on-one visits, telephone calls, and written correspondence to keep them informed of our work.
- Solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for OCPA.
- Work with the Vice President of Development and Operations and senior leadership to implement an integrated fundraising strategy, including individual, foundation and corporate supporters.
- Record donor interactions in OCPA’s Salesforce database.
- Track progress and analyze results.
- Assist VP of Development on other various tasks and/or projects as needed.
- 0-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong relationship-building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Excellent ability to communicate, including in writing.
- An understanding of and strong commitment to the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to execute a plan independently.
- Ability to multi-task, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and an ability to use donor databases and conduct online research.
- Experience interacting with individual donors preferred, but not required.
- Relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree are preferred.
- Places high value on work: Has the ability to self-start projects and see them through to completion, no matter how long it takes, with a high attention to detail.
- Relationship builder: Cares about and has a voracious curiosity about people, is a team player, and has an ability to put people at ease.
- Gravitas: has a humble confidence.
- Growth mindset: Always learning, takes personal responsibility for performance, sets goals and wants to win.
- Overcomer: Has emotional resilience and the ability to deal with difficult situations while maintaining performance.
Compensation will be based on experience and will be competitive within our sector and region. Extensive in-state travel will be required (3 to 4 days per week). Occasional overnight and out-of-state travel will be also be required.
The Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs (OCPA) was founded in 1993 as a public policy research organization focused primarily on state-level issues. OCPA’s mission is to promote the flourishing of the people of Oklahoma by advancing principles and policies that support free enterprise, limited government, personal responsibility and individual initiative.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this role/OCPA and your salary requirements.
- Two writing samples (donor correspondence samples are ideal; otherwise, writing samples that demonstrate your persuasiveness).
- Three professional references; include a phone number and email address and your relationship with the reference.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.