- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 30 South Pearl Street Suite 1210 Albany, NY 12207
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
For more than ten years, the Empire Center for Public Policy (EC) has been working to make New York a better place to live and work by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
The Center seeks an experienced business manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and monitoring the day-to-day operations of the organization and contributing to the overall team effort.
- Assisting with annual budget development.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Managing cash flow, expenses and revenue projections.
- Managing and paying bills and invoices.
- Ensuring that the organization is run with legality and conforms to established regulations.
- Onboarding of new employees.
- Running payroll and managing employee benefits.
- Managing subscriptions, vendors, leases and equipment including; office space, parking, telephone, and internet.
- Managing supplies.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings
- Planning and managing events
- Coordinating scheduling, travel, expense and filing as required
- Managing Empire Center’s internship program
The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office and have some secondary education. Experience with QuickBooks is a plus.
How to apply
Candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Resume and three references.
- Cover letter detailing: candidate background, interest in and a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position, and salary requirements.
Materials should be emailed to email@example.com. Please include “Business Manager – [your name]” in the subject line of your email.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. EC is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.