- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Outreach
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 5297 Washington Place Saint Louis, MO 63108
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
Show-Me Opportunity (SMO), in conjunction with the Show-Me Institute (SMI), markets liberty and free-market solutions to the problems facing Missouri, and hosts regular lectures and events throughout this state. SMO is seeking a dynamic and skilled individual to manage this increasingly important outreach to Missourians.
Reporting directly to the Communications and Outreach Manager of SMO and working closely with the Director of Development of SMI, the Events and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for:
Events Planning and Execution
- Developing, in consultation with the Communications and Outreach Manager and Director of Development, a 12-month-out events calendar for major and speaker series events.
- Organizing and planning all aspects of events: venue, program/booking, AV, catering, etc.
- Day-of event management.
- Working with individuals to organize and execute in-home and small-venue events.
- Creating a network from which SMO and SMI can reach out to speakers that may be of interest to supporters and pro-free market citizens.
- Working with the communications team to produce reusable staging materials and signage.
- Reaching out to and building relationships with Missourians who support free-market solutions to Missouri’s problems.
- Creating and managing speaking opportunities for SMI’s scholars and staff.
- Building coalitions.
- Work closely with the Communications and Outreach Manager to pitch and schedule media appearances to promote SMI research and events.
- Manage e-mail and social media campaigns on multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Constant Contacts).
- Manage and respond to feedback, comments, and questions regarding events and outreach opportunities on SMI digital platforms.
- Ability to write clear and concise copy for promotional materials, social media posts, newsletters, event descriptions, press releases, and blog posts.
The successful applicant will:
- Have at least two years of relevant experience.
- Be passionate about and committed to the mission of the Show-Me Institute.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in related subject matter.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, b) your salary requirements and c) a writing sample may be requested
Materials should be emailed to Zach Lawhorn at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.