- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the management and performance of all company accounting activities of each the organization and an affiliated organization to maintain the general ledger, uphold accounting controls, and produce timely and accurate financial statements. The Accounting Manager oversees the accounts payable process and assists the Director of Finance with projects and other duties, as necessary.
- Perform daily operations of the accounting function including general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation and monthly close, proper revenue recognition, accruals, fixed assets, and cost allocations. Ensure accuracy between organizations, funds, natural GL account classifications, programs, projects, and grants.
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements.
- Maintain all internal controls and standard operating procedures; recommend and implement process improvements to enhance workflow and productivity.
- Oversee and support the accounts payable process including expense report review and reimbursements, unclaimed funds, and credit-monitoring; prepare annual 1099s.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) which includes research and implementation of changing accounting standards.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of all business software, practices, and policies that impact the finance and accounting function and monitor adherence to those policies & procedures.
- Prepare and file state sales and use tax reporting; manage state sales tax exemptions.
- Work with Director of Finance and independent CPA firm to support annual audits of the financial statements and assist with annual 990 tax disclosures.
- Improve accounting software utilization and monitor and maintain the quality of data imports and entries with complete and accurate supporting records.
- Assist Director of Finance with budgeting, planning and analysis, as needed.
- High technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel and navigating accounting software
- High level of attention to detail with demonstrated analytical capabilities
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Customer service focus
At least three (3) years of accounting experience. Certified Public Accountant license (CPA) is required. Nonprofit experience is desirable. Preference will be given to candidates in Tallahassee, FL, but remote employment may be considered.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Compliance. It is a full-time, salaried, at-will position preferably located in Tallahassee, FL.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to Carrie@ExcelinEd.org. You will be contacted if selected for further consideration.