- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 2560 Huntington Avenue Suite 301 Alexandria, VA 22303
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
The Association of American Educators is seeking applicants for Executive Assistant/Office Manager based out of our Bucks County, Pennsylvania office.
The Association of American Educators is a non-profit, non-union professional educator organization that seeks to foster the transformation of the teaching profession by empowering and supporting our community of professionals for the benefit of our students and the nation. AAE is committed to a teaching profession that is student oriented, well respected, and personally fulfilling. AAE is a forward-thinking, reform-minded organization, primarily serving K-12 public district and public charter school educators. AAE is a 501(c)(6) professional association and works closely with AAE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. AAE and AAE Foundation empower and amplify educator voices committed to student achievement and teaching excellence. For more visit aaeteachers.org.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager provides high level administrative support to the Executive Director. The position requires an organized and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This role will help the Executive Director to execute strategic priorities consistently, and with high quality, while contributing to the achievement of the organization’s mission.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the travel, conference, call, and meeting schedule for the Executive Director and assist with scheduling calls for other team members as requested.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and handle all assignments in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner.
- Serving often as primary point of contact of the Executive Director for employees, contractors, and external partners.
- Carefully manage Executive Director’s time and attention to ensure established priorities are met efficiently.
- Manage Pennsylvania office of Association of American Educators and AAE Foundation.
- Serve as project coordinator on various projects as directed.
- Ensure Executive Director is responsive to funders, partners, media, and other external audiences in a professional manner.
- Make travel arrangements for Executive Director and track expenses and reservations.
- Prepare memos, letters, spreadsheets, reports, and other documents as assigned.
- Manage professional digital and social media presence of executive.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule company meetings and events, including team retreat, board meetings, and member events.
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials.
- Attend meetings and record minutes.
- Compile data and prepare reports for presentation.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
- Perform general office duties, such as maintaining records, ordering supplies, and clerical work.
- Enhance organization’s operation and reputation with professional conduct.
- Other duties as needed to fulfill mission of the organization.
- Associate’s degree.
- 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Utmost professionalism and discretion.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Requires minimum level of supervision with a high volume of activity.
- Respect for deadlines, attention to detail, and commitment to quality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Philosophical alignment of association’s policy platform and mission.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Competency with donor and membership databases (Salesforce).
- Minimum of 5 years directly supporting executive leadership.
- Professional experience in K-12 education, education policy, or education advocacy.
- Experience in membership association industry.
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations.
This is a full time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- HSA medical plan with matching opportunity.
- Employee short and long term disability.
- 401(k) plan with matching opportunity.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Up to $100 annually toward professional association membership.
- Travel and technology compensation.
How to apply
Send cover letter, complete resume, and salary requirements (not a salary history) to: email@example.com. Subject line: Executive Assistant/Office Manager