- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Government Affairs, Policy
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 1100 Connecticut Avenue NW Suite 650 Washington, DC 20036
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
This full-time entry-level associate position is expected to support the operation of the Federal Government Affairs division of Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) and its lobbying arm, the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW).
The associate will report to the vice president of policy and government affairs (VP) and provide support to the policy and advocacy team. The associate will be responsible for coordinating all federal government affairs activities and congressional requests including correspondence and lobbying. The associate is expected to spend a significant amount of time promoting the organization’s initiatives, keep the staff fully informed about congressional activity, and assist the VP with the CCAGW Political Action Committee (CCAGW PAC).
This position develops annual congressional ratings and other publications and assists the VP in determining eligibility for CCAGW PAC endorsements. The ideal candidate for this position should be a self-starter who is able to adjust and adapt to rapidly changing situations based on legislative requirements. Familiarity with the CQ KnowLegis program a plus.
At least one year on Capitol Hill or similar experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of CCAGW’s annual legislative plan and associated work plan.
- Promote CCAGW’s legislative agenda through communications and meetings with members of Congress and congressional staff.
- Seek opportunities and respond to requests to testify before congressional committees.
- Conduct federal legislative and regulatory research and facilitate all related communications.
- Develop and supervise CCAGW’s annual congressional ratings.
- Execute the CAGW Policy Breakfast series and assist with Facebook Live events.
- Write articles for CAGW/CCAGW publications and draft op-eds.
- Prepare remarks for press conferences and congressional hearings as directed.
- Maintain CCAGW’s legislative filing system and database.
- Provide backup support to the state government affairs associate as needed.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by the VP or the president.
How to apply
To apply, please email resume, references, and a brief writing sample using FGAA 2021 in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.