- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: Virtual
State Policy Network is seeking a Finance Manager / Director to join our fast-growing finance team. In just over five years we’ve grown from 7 million to 16 million in annual revenue and we need a candidate capable of building the financial system needed to steward those funds well. This is a new position and the ideal candidate has experience managing the quality and content of all budget and finance data of a comparable size organization.
This position can be based from a virtual office anywhere in the continental United States. Periodic travel is required, an estimated one to two trips per quarter.
- Align SPN’s financial and accounting processes with best practices for comparably sized nonprofits
- In partnership with the Operations Director, oversee annual budgeting and planning process, monitor progress, and manage changes throughout the year
- Build systems to reduce the likelihood of avoidable budget errors
- Proactively identify and communicate budget risks and opportunities
- Analyze organizational spending patterns to drive savings to the P & L
- In close coordination with Fundraising and Programs, manage all foundation budgets from creation, through execution, to reporting
- Create relevant and timely program lead budget support plans to include coaching and tools.
- Build and manage system for effective outbound grants administration
- At least 5+ years of overall professional experience; ideally broad financial management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience vetting the quality and content of all financial data
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in foundation grants management
- Ability to translate financial concepts to, and effectively collaborate with, programming and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic understanding of accounting
- Experience with and knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Sincere philosophical interest in SPN’s mission and work
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter clearly articulating your intellectual interest in the organization, how your background fits with the responsibilities of the role, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.