- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 15 West South Temple, Suite 200 Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
Sutherland Institute’s commitment to civil dialogue and principled public policy makes for an energetic and meaningful work experience. The Finance Manager is responsible for all accounting functions and oversees state and federal nonprofit compliance.
- Prepares financial statements
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Manages bank reconciliations and payroll processing
- Assists with fiscal year budget, tracking, and goals
- Facilitates annual audit and manages year-end controls
- Tracks and maintains grants and grant reporting
- Maintains contracts for contractors and vendors
- Tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedules
- Performing month-end closings
- Serves as secretary to the Board of Trustees
- Strategic thinking
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical,, intermediate budgeting and financial skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Candidate must be trustworthy and demonstrate good judgment and discretion
- Must also be detail-oriented, well organized and a stickler for accuracy
Other skills and requirements include:
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks or Sage
- Professional communication and customer service skills
- A bachelor’s degree in business or accounting and have at least five years of experience. CPA certification preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The position is a full-time and exempt. Employer is open to part-time or flex schedule. A full-time position includes a competitive salary, health and dental insurance, paid vacation and a company sponsored 401(k).
How to apply
Resume and references should be submitted to Amber Maxfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.