- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: 333 Research Court Suite 210 Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
Georgia Center for Opportunity (GCO) is an independent, non-partisan think tank dedicated to increasing opportunity and improving the quality of life for all Georgians. GCO’s mission is to make Georgia the national leader in creating opportunities for a quality education, stable employment, and healthy family life. GCO’s vision is for Georgia’s communities to be the most vibrant in the country.
To achieve this mission, GCO researches ways to help remove barriers to opportunity in each of these pathways, promote solutions to policymakers and the public, and help effective and innovative social enterprises deliver results in their communities. The ultimate goal is to see every Georgian who is willing to seize the opportunities presented to them living a life that can be characterized as truly flourishing.
With offices in Peachtree Corners of metro Atlanta and Columbus, GA, GCO is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative environment. The organization has an opening for a Vice President of Development who is a self-starter, enjoys working with a team, loves new challenges and, above all else, desires to enrich the lives of other people.
The Vice President of Development is a full-time position and will be based in GCO’s Atlanta office. The Vice President of Development will manage a Development Associate and Director of Institutional Giving.
- Manage the overall development functions for the organization, including managing the Director of Institutional Giving and Development Associate
- Lead annual development planning and budgeting for the organization
- Manage and direct department resources and implement an integrated fundraising strategy ensuring budgeted income goals are met
- Manage portfolio of major donors
- Develop and implement a strategic development plan to grow GCO’s budget and donor base
- Cultivate donor relationships and soliciting gifts through in-person visits, phone calls and correspondence
- Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of current and prospective donors
- Work with the Development Associate and Communications Team to manage the development and execution of solicitation campaigns, including direct mail
- Work with the GCO team to plan events that advance fundraising goals
- Manage foundation fundraising in conjunction with Director of Institutional Giving
- Work with the CEO, EVP, and Board Development Committee to support the Directors’ development efforts
- Collaborate with the GCO Director of Communications to create development materials
- Represent the organization at national, state, and community functions
- Prepare regular analysis of budget and fundraising trends
- Five years of professional experience as a fundraiser, including knowledge of foundation grants, corporate gifts, events, and individual development; proven track record of success
- Manage the development and execution of solicitation campaigns, including direct mail
- Alignment with GCO’s core values and mission; ability to articulate the critical role GCO plays in Georgia and programs for national impact
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent presentation skills and high attention to detail is essential
- Strong organization, high initiative, clear interpersonal skills, professionalism, mature judgment, and the ability to produce work on tight deadlines
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to identify audiences needs and tailor messages to those needs
- Record of creating successful fundraising events
- Collaborative spirit, works well with colleagues and leadership in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with Donor Relationship Management or Customer Relationship Management platforms required (experience with Salesforce is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internet-based research, and social media
- Willingness to travel when necessary and frequently meet with donors; estimated travel: 15%
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study
GCO offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and provides excellent benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, life insurance, and accrued vacation and sick leave. This position also offers the right candidate significant opportunities for professional development and growth.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Brief cover letter including biography, description of how you would be successful in this position, your philosophical interest in GCO’s core values and mission, and salary requirements
- Two professional references
PDF applications should be submitted to Talent Market here.
Questions about the opening can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls please.