- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
The Institute for Justice—a public interest law firm that champions freedom and justice for all Americans—seeks an experienced Grants Manager to join our dynamic fundraising team as they work collaboratively to grow the Institute’s base of support. The Grants Manager plays a critical role ensuring IJ’s ability to apply for and execute a diverse array of grants, ranging from promoting programs that give parents control over their children’s education to challenging civil forfeiture and promoting government accountability.
This position is ideal for a motivated and detail-oriented self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is focused on producing error-free results. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working across teams to manage, route, and track information and progress toward grant outcomes and apply it to various grants-tracking databases.
- Track and record progress toward grant deliverables and outcomes
- Work with program teams to set up and maintain grant activity trackers
- Attend program team meetings and review written reports from team leaders to identify and track progress toward grant outcomes and incorporate the information into the appropriate grants-tracking databases
- Assist IJ’s grant writers by assembling outlines of grant progress that they can use to formulate or include in their narratives
- Work with IJ’s program teams and grant writers to formulate new funding proposals; assist writers with proposal submission process
- Log deliverables and grant details as grants are awarded; communicate news of the grant awards to relevant staff; help process grant agreements
- Assist monitoring funding draws on restricted grants by reviewing expenditures and timesheets to ensure charges are captured accurately
- Proven ability to distill complex information and track it in grant-management databases such as Salesforce, SharePoint, and Teams
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build collegial and effective working relationships with staff, donors, and others
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, problem-solve, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to producing error-free work
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
How to apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Institute for Justice offers full health, dental, and life insurance benefits; a retirement savings plan; and the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing how your experience will ensure success in this position here.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.