- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: December 30, 2021
The Institute for Justice, the National Law Firm for Liberty, is seeking an energetic, organized individual to join its Administration team as an HR Assistant. The ideal candidate for this entry-level position will be a self-starter who is looking to grow their career in human resources.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll and timesheet processes
- Maintain office and department-wide documents and data
- Manage or support regular processes and ad hoc projects associated with personnel programs, including, but not limited to: benefits administration, employment changes, compensation, leave administration, compliance, performance reviews, recruiting, etc.
- Maintain and deploy working knowledge of relevant laws, policies, procedures, and benefit plans
- Serve as backup support to the Office and Facilities Assistant
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years of professional experience
- Experience in different HRIS/ATS is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint capabilities desired
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
Position Start Date and Benefits
We anticipate the start date for this position to be in January 2022.
IJ offers superior benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement benefits, the opportunity for flexible work hours, and generous paid leave. IJ provides the opportunity to work with high-performing individuals in a collaborative and positive work environment.
How to apply
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter here.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.