- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Operations, Outreach
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Post Office Box 247 Wingate,, NC 28174-0247
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
The Free Enterprise Program Director is responsible for advancing the Center’s strong commitment to our nation’s free enterprise system. The position is a new role for the Helms Center and is needed due to rapid growth in our student-focused free enterprise programs. Our signature free enterprise program for high school students, the Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge, was founded in 1995 and has over 10,000 graduates. Free Enterprise Now®, our newest online learning program founded in 2015, has impacted over 11,000 students from around the world. We seek a motivated and principled conservative professional to lead our innovative programming activities.
- Implement the strategic goals of our free enterprise programs, the Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge and Free Enterprise Now®.
- Serve as director of the innovative Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge (FELC), a five-day residential camp held during the summer at 5 different college campuses in 4 different states. In this capacity, the director will: manage all aspects of the Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge, including staffing, interns, and serve as the primary liaison with parents, teachers and students; implement strategy for all marketing, social media and curriculum of the program; travel to each FELC session to oversee all summer sessions.
- Direct content and marketing for the Center’s online learning free enterprise platform entitled Free Enterprise Now®. Free Enterprise Now®, launched in 2015, is a web-based learning module for students and teachers, promoting principled leadership and the free enterprise system.
- This individual will represent the Jesse Helms Center when invited to speak about these programs to groups like Future Business Leaders of America, etc. This job requires minimal travel most of the year with the exception of summer sessions for the Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge.
- The person will be responsible for implementing all free enterprise education program marketing plans and working with outside marketing groups to enhance each program.
- This person will also work directly with the Helms Center’s communications coordinator to oversee all program social media platforms.
- The position reports directly to the president of the Jesse Helms Center.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or marketing is preferred.
- Strong commitment to free-market, limited government principles.
- Motivated to teach high school students about the free enterprise system.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Proficient in digital and social media.
- Aptitude for understanding and utilizing new technologies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to drive projects from start to finish and handle adversity with creative solutions.
- General knowledge of and interest in the conservative movement and its principles, as well as a familiarity with other state and national organizations is preferred.
This position’s compensation includes health insurance, 403 (B) retirement plan and appropriate salary, which will be based on the applicant’s experience. Candidate will be required to physically work at the Jesse Helms Center located in Wingate, North Carolina.
About the Jesse Helms Center
The Jesse Helms Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization founded in 1988 and affiliated with Wingate University. Our mission is to promote our nation’s founding principles that Senator Jesse Helms advanced throughout his career. Our vision is to become one of our nation’s leading advocates of free enterprise and traditional American values through education, public policy promotion and historical preservation.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: candidate background, interest in the position, compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position
- At least three references
Please email the PDF document to the attention of Brian Rogers, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.