- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 901 Congress Avenue Austin, TX 78701
- Application Deadline: November 3, 2019
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is seeking a fundraising professional to play a vital role in the organization’s fundraising efforts, especially in the Houston area. The Development Officer will work in close collaboration with the development team to expand current fundraising efforts, build strong relationships with donors, solicit, and steward donors effectively. The ideal candidate will excel at developing and cultivating relationships with major gift donors. They must be able to communicate TPPF’s mission and share the Foundation’s vision to philanthropists in Texas and across America. Ideally, this position is based in the Houston area.
- Develop, cultivate, and secure major gifts for the Foundation’s work.
- Manage a portfolio of current donors and prospects.
- Play a key support role in cultivating new donors through the Foundation’s outreach efforts, including special donor events.
- Perform donor research, including identifying new major prospects.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies (personal visits, correspondence, event participation, etc.).
- Motivate supporters and prospects in an appropriate and timely fashion toward a shared goal to make Texas an even better place, making solicitations when appropriate.
- Provide a high level of quality stewardship after a gift.
- Ensure that all donor contact is reported in TPPF database.
- Make presentations, when needed, to senior management on donor strategies and efforts.
- Significant experience in major gift fundraising with a track record of success.
- Knowledge of free-market donors and national/state network a major plus.
- Superb storytelling, writing, oral communication, and debate skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow through.
- Strong commitment to the principles of personal responsibility and free enterprise.
- High attention to detail.
- Personable, self-motivated, and professional.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- Integrity in managing sensitive and confidential information.
- Willing to travel when needed.
How to apply
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the person who takes the position Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.