- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: 1325 G Street NW, Suite 950 Washington, DC 20005
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
Tax Foundation seeks a Manager of Business Relations to join our solid team of development professionals. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who works well independently and can handle high expectations in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate works well with others, can communicate goals and objectives to both internal and external audiences, and has roughly 2+ years’ experience in development, corporate communications, external affairs, or similar positions.
The applicant will possess a sincere interest in tax and fiscal policy and have an appreciation for private enterprise and the role the business community plays in advancing opportunity and long-term economic growth.
The ideal candidate will show an eagerness to learn the tax issues of various companies and industries and work with the development and policy teams to design research and engagement strategies that fit within Tax Foundation principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage an existing donor base that consists of Fortune 500, D.C.-based trade groups and associations, and state Chambers of Commerce
- Manage fundraising, prospecting, and guest seating for our Annual Dinner, which features attendance by other think tanks and trade associations
- Work with communications and marketing to promote the Annual Dinner, which includes developing materials and outreach strategies
- Develop relationships with Tax Directors and Government Affairs offices in D.C. and around country
- Collaborate with policy teams to develop messaging strategies to recruit and retain donors
- Market working groups and Advisory Panels and work with operations to ensure the success of each meeting and call
- Set up prospect calls/meetings to discuss company’s tax policy priorities
- Coordinate with policy and marketing to develop fundraising materials to send to prospects and donors
- Document all meaningful activity with donors in Sales Force
- Handle invoicing and contribution requests
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with Development team members, VP, and President
- Will report to the VP of Development
How to apply
To learn more about the Tax Foundation and to view the job description please visit https://taxfoundation.org/careers/#manager-of-business-relations