- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: 3434 Washington Blvd, 4th Floor Arlington, VA 22201
- Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
The Mercatus Center is seeking a Marketing Manager to execute marketing strategies for organizational projects and programs at the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas. You’ll take the lead on social media publishing and email marketing. You’ll also have opportunities to collaborate with a cohesive team to leverage marketing channels that bridge the gap between academia and real-world solutions.
Your professional learning and development are also priorities on the team: you’ll have the opportunity to attend conferences and pursue certifications to advance your skillsets. If you thrive on outcome-focused marketing and are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in promoting market-oriented thinking, read on to see if the Marketing Manager position is the best next step for you in your career.
- Execute marketing strategies that advance the Mercatus mission.
- Draft and publish content on social media channels to increase engagement and website traffic.
- Write, code, and send multiple weekly email newsletters that drives users to Mercatus content.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to identify opportunities for A/B testing and optimization.
- Develop and launch advertisements to promote Mercatus content on digital channels.
- Provide reports for organic and paid marketing efforts to help further improve marketing performance.
- Provide marketing support to various programs and projects.
- 1-3 years of marketing experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of social and email marketing best practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Able to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize independently.
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with HTML preferred.
- Basic competency with Adobe CC a plus.
Benefits and Compensation
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For nearly 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center’s mission.