- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 25 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 140 Washington,, DC 20001
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2019
National Taxpayers Union and National Taxpayers Union Foundation (NTU and NTUF) are seeking a motivated, passionate individual to join our team as a Development Associate. The Development Associate will provide support to the external affairs department, freeing up the Vice President of External Affairs and the Director of External Affairs to spend more time building relationship capital with our current and prospective partners. This is a full time position based in our Washington, DC office.
Founded in 1969, National Taxpayers Union proudly serves as the “Voice of America’s Taxpayers,” fighting to ensure that all Americans are able to pursue their dreams without the heavy hand of government holding them back. NTU is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit, nonpartisan citizen group whose members work every day for lower taxes and smaller government at all levels. Our partner organization National Taxpayers Union Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational organization dedicated to showing Americans how taxes, government spending, and regulations affect them.
The Development Associate role is an important prerequisite for our ongoing progress and will play a significant part in building the organizational infrastructure necessary for further expansion. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to grow and learn in a dynamic and varied environment. He or she will have full ownership over a number of processes and several opportunities for professional development throughout the year.
Responsibilities for this role will include (but are not limited to) the following items:
- Database and record support. We use Salesforce for our membership database and DonorSearch for wealth research.
- Managing our mail caging and gift acknowledgement process, including handling contributions, recording donations, creating deposits, and instituting a welcome process for new donors.
- Overseeing aspects of our direct mail operation, such as data management, list exchanges, and cultivation mailings.
- Communicating with donors, including initial outreach to foundation, corporate, and individual partners and prospects.
- Researching individual, foundation, and corporate prospects and writing prospect and donor briefings.
- Drafting grant and individual reports.
- Assisting leadership team with planning and execution of major donor cultivation efforts, including scheduling executive meetings and travel.
- Providing program support for NTU and NTUF’s year-round internship program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent contributor and as part of a team;
- A willingness to learn new skills in a rapidly-changing and active organization.
- Experience with Salesforce or DonorSearch is a plus, but not required.
NTU/NTUF will provide salary and benefits that are competitive with our nonprofit peers. Our salary range for this position is flexible and dependent on the candidate in question.
How to apply
To apply, send a resume in Word or PDF format along with two writing samples and a cover letter to Patrick Gallivan at email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NTU and NTUF are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.