- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 1401 N Lincoln Blvd Oklahoma City, OK 73104
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
The Donor Relations Manager will work closely with the Development Director and OCPA senior leadership to implement an integrated fundraising strategy. He or she will develop long-term relationships with existing supporters and key prospects and will solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for OCPA. The Donor Relations Manager will interact with donors through telephone calls, one-on-one visits, and written correspondence, keeping them informed of OCPA’s work. This position is integral to the success of OCPA and requires someone who shares our principles, understands our priorities, and cares about building relationships.
- Build relationships with OCPA supporters and prospects for the purpose of helping them support the organization’s work financially.
- Interact with donors through telephone calls, one-on-one visits, and written correspondence to keep them informed of OCPA’s work.
- Solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for OCPA.
- Work with the Development Director and senior leadership to implement an integrated fundraising strategy, including individual, foundation, and corporate supporters.
- Record donor interactions in OCPA’s fundraising database.
- Track progress and analyze results.
- Strong relationship-building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Excellent ability to communicate, including in writing.
- An understanding of and strong commitment to the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to execute a plan independently.
- Ability to multi-task, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and an ability to use donor databases and conduct online research.
- Experience interacting with individual donors preferred, but not required.
- Relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree are preferred.
The Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs (OCPA) was founded in 1993 as a public policy research organization focused primarily on state-level issues. OCPA’s mission is to promote the flourishing of the people of Oklahoma by advancing principles and policies that support free enterprise, limited government, personal responsibility and individual initiative.
How to apply
Compensation will be based on experience and will be competitive within our sector and region. Extensive in-state travel will be required (3 to 4 days per week). Occasional overnight and out-of-state travel will be also be required. Please send a résumé, cover letter, and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.