- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 1655 N Fort Myer Dr Suite 360 Arlington, VA 22209
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of SPN’s physical and virtual office, ensuring effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining intra-office protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and inventory control.
The vast majority of SPN’s staff work remotely across the country. Our physical office is used for mail handling, donation processing, storage, and hosting events. Staff in the DC metro area periodically work from the office. Because of this, the office environment fluctuates between minimally staffed and very busy. The right candidate is someone who can thrive in both environments. Remote work is possible on days with no in-office obligations, but candidates must be prepared to staff the office in-person full-time as needed.
- Support and partner with SPN’s Development Team to process mail, donations, and donor communications.
- Support and partner with SPN’s events team:
- Ensure the office meeting space is set to event specifics.
- Assist with basic AV support.
- Handle food and beverage needs.
- Assist in the execution of the SPN Annual Meeting, an event attracting up to 1,500 people a year (including on-the-ground support at the event).
- Provide office management support to 35-40 mostly remote employees.
- Manage procurement and inventory tracking of office supplies, stationary, and equipment.
- Implement office policies by establishing procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Welcome visitors and provide assistance and support as needed.
- Manage basic office upkeep to ensure staff and visitors have a productive, welcoming work environment.
- Oversee the physical security of the office, including ensuring staff are educated and trained on all security measures.
- Execute basic accounting duties, including accounts payable inquries and a limited number of expense reports.
- Serve as the point person for building and maintenance issues.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone manner, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and proactively adjust when needed.
- Mature attitude and professional demeanor.
- Proven team player who takes inititatve to ensure goals are met and goodwill maintained.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, and able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Experience working in an environment that required confidentiality and discretion a plus.
Onsite presence in SPN’s Arlington, VA office is required. Periodic remote work is possible (less than 10%).
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission, compensation requirements, and travel availability.
Applications and questions should be submitted to Madeline Ludwig at email@example.com.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.