- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 2048 Analysis Dr, Suite A Bozeman, MT 59718
- Application Deadline: April 19, 2019
Do you love hiking, fishing, skiing, or just being in the great outdoors? Do you have a passion for connecting with people and want to help equip our team to advance innovative, market-based solutions to the most pressing conservation issues? If so, PERC’s Development Coordinator role may be the right fit for you!
The Development Coordinator will assist in key fundraising endeavors as well as manage a portfolio of foundation and individual partners. Fundraising may include general support, project-specific support, event sponsorship, or other investments. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to quickly engage and develop relationships with key supporters, understand their interests, and secure gifts to support PERC programming. A high degree of self-management is required as well as the ability to position PERC both financially and strategically with current and potential partners.
As a member of the development team, the Development Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and work closely with other key members of the PERC team. The role will be based in Bozeman, Montana.
- Manage a portfolio of foundation supporters as well as identify and engage new prospective partners at various giving levels.
- Secure general support and program-specific investments, as well as other forms of support.
- Become an ambassador for PERC with the ability to effectively articulate our vision, mission, and programmatic goals.
- Provide exceptional levels of interaction with all PERC supporters and partners.
- Limited travel, as needed.
- 1-3 years of fundraising or other relevant work experience.
- Strong connection to and willingness to advance PERC’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial approach to self-directed work, with strong work ethic, ability to collaborate across teams, and flexibility to maximize success.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, writing ability, and oral communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing and data tools (Microsoft Office/Google Suites).
- Salesforce experience a benefit.
PERC, the Property and Environment Research Center, is the leading conservation research institute dedicated to improving our lands, waters, and wildlife through collaborative, market-based approaches. PERC is dedicated to developing and deploying effective ideas that make a real improvement in conservation. We achieve this through:
- Ideas: We develop cutting-edge research on pressing conservation issues.
- Action: We disseminate our ideas to key audiences who can advance them through policy reform and improving conservation practices.
- Impact: Our ideas have impacted numerous conservation reforms, including the recovery of America’s fisheries.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following documents in a single pdf file:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) interest in the role 2) understanding of PERC and our approach to conservation 3) your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Rupert Munro, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.